Sunday, September 27, 2009

A New Home

Believe it or not, a sign of life on this blog. After much ado I've finally managed to put up my desk and started actual painting again. Not that I have that much spare time these days - a new city, a new job, all the things one needs to get accustomed to. Whatever, I don't want to bother you with my apologies and alibies - I hope to take the promised pictures any time soon. For now, maybe as an appetizer, here's the setup:


Admittedly, I'm very happy with my new 'working place', as it has a lot of natural light, and it doesn't take ages to get the essentials ready: Paints and basing materials are stowed in the boxes in the background; the station itself can be deposited on a nearby rack. I'm still experimenting with the setup and adding features, but generally it's done.

For those not too sharp-sighted: I'm in the process of finishing the last models for my second regiment of British regulars for the AWI. However, the next heap (Hessian infantry) has just arrived - we'll see if they can get right out of the box and onto my desk.

8 comments:

Andrew said...

That is a nice set-up! The window is perfect. I think we all have that IKEA drawer unit. I see that the years of straining your eyes painting has finaly resulted in you needing glasses!

Sire Godefroy said...

Yes, I'm feeling more comfortable with my glasses, but only if I paint over more than two hours. I'm still a sharpshooter. :)
Thanks for your comment!

SG

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Nice and tidy,but the question is how long will it remain so?:-)

A word of advice is to take the box of paints and all other paints not stowed and remove them from the light as they will dry up quicker if you don't.

Sire Godefroy said...

The place simply has to remain nice and tidy, because it's also where I have to work on my thesis. ;)
Everything on the station itself is put straight from time to time, makes life a lot easier.

In my experience the paints dry up wherever they are stowed. It's mainly a climate thing. The window has a blind, so there's no direct sunlight. But thanks for your advice anyway. :-)

SG

Yggdrasil said...

Nice working place.
I hope that we can see now more of your fantastic painted miniatures (it´s time for some new inspiration ;) )

Well i guess i have to visit you in the not so far future for a little .45 game/Gloire...
My Dark Age Thuringian Warparty will be finished, soon ;-)

Greetings from the not thus far south ;-)

Secundus said...

You can't beat natural light to paint by.

jmilesr said...

Very nice setup. You couldn't ask for a better window placement - what direction is the window facing?

I'd loose the clock - who wants to know how long they've spent painting?

By the way, very nice blog. I like the layout and photography.

Sire Godefroy said...

Thanks for the compliments, jmilesr.
The window faces south. Unfortunately, I have to watch the clock, because it's the place where I have to earn money as well. Too easy to forget when it's covered with hobby materials. ;-)

Cheers
SG

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails