Thursday, March 18, 2010

From the Labyrinth

I took a break from pondering over proper basing methods for my dismounted knights by taking up some Fantasy models, which were already waiting on my desk. Not much got finished as I experimented a lot with Foundry's all-new "Expert Flesh" range. As a sidenote, this set is a great addition, because it eases painting realistic gradients of flesh colour, which is in particular a major issue with female miniatures. Only drawback: Painting six layers is quite time-consuming!

At least I forced myself to finish off at least one model, that had been on my list for ages. As you might have realised already, I love miniatures from the 'good old times' that nowadays aren't appreciated by most people. This particular one is a very old Citadel Minotaur, and I spontaneously baptised him Brephos (meaning "baby" in Ancient Greek):


He's by no means as tall as you would imagine a minotaur should be; in fact, an average Gor is of the same height. However, I'll most probably use Brephos as a mascot, both for my Beastmen herd in general and any unit of minotaurs for potential games of Warhammer Fantasy (i.e. as a standard bearer). He's simply too cute...!

Next up might be a battle report retelling the beginnings of Gortyr's quest for world domination - if you're interested. I'm experimenting with possible varying contents for this blog, just let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Nice work.:-)

Cheers
Christopher

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails