Monday, March 01, 2010

Return of the Pulp

Minor update again, but at least something I've painted myself. So no more confusion. ;-)
The fellows pictured below made their first appearance in our latest Pulp game. In turn this was part of a campaign I'd scripted, taking place in the 1920s.


I cannot go into detail - since the walls have ears. Anyway, the story so far saw a team of B.O.I. agents investigating a drug-trafficking ring, which had its seeds & sources in the remote Central American banana republic of Ancuría. Following the shipments' trail back to Ancuría itself the agents were drawn into a larger conspiracy plotted by the local generalísimo. They barely escaped their own assassination with the aid of a (yet non)famous adventurer (picture centre).
We didn't take pictures of the actual game, but if you're interested I might stage a replay. Just drop me a line here.


The three chaps complement my already existing gang of city slickers, while adding a certain 'adventure style'. For my taste adventurous characters like the Not-Brendan-Fraser just look out of place when put on an urban base. So I decided to give them a somewhat generic outdoor basing. A few other miniatures that showed up as supernumeraries in the first scenarios are still to be based properly. I will post them here as soon as possible.

Painted August 2009 to January 2010. Models (first photo, left to right) by Wargames Foundry, Copplestone Castings and Pulp Miniatures.

6 comments:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

They look just great!

Cheers
Christopher

Doc Phobos said...

I'll repeat myself gladly... Full of character and cracking paintjobs!

Giles said...

Lovely work, Sire G! The Foundry pirate doesn't at all look out of place next to Brendan - beautiful skin tones too.

Sire Godefroy said...

Many thanks, my dear fellows!
However, any sign of character is bound to the miniatures themselves. These are definitely great sculpts, noticeably labours of love and creativity. And actually that was my foremost reason to give this whole pulp thing a try.
So, recommended to anyone who paints for joy not numbers. ;-)

Cheers
SG

JET (aka Jason) said...

"So, recommended to anyone who paints for joy not numbers."

I'm definitely in this club. I would like to try some pulp gaming after I get squared away with the Gothic Horror. What rules are you using?

Sire Godefroy said...

Hi Jason,

We make extensive use of the ".45 Adventure" rules. There are quite a few supplements with lots of pre-build characters and scenarios. The rules themselves are a bit detailed at times but thereby offer great possibilities for roleplaying.

If you already own the "Chaos in Carpatia" rule set, of course, you could adapt it to the Pulp setting quite easily as it shares mechanics with the pulpy "Chaos in Cairo" installment (don't know if it's still/again available).

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers
SG

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails