Saturday, May 08, 2010

Measure for Measure

There are those days, when everything seems to go wrong. Unfortunately, I experienced quite a few in a row lately. Not only a stressful time at work and some other heartaches - I'm also out of luck with my hobby ventures. Main thing is that I've planned to update the Impetus troops as soon as possible since I got a lot of encouraging feedback on the dismounted knights. But the force is not with me as it seems. I had unexpected troubles to get supply from the Perrys and other manufacturers lately, and I really don't know why. Anyway, yesterday I received what seemed to be the last bit to finally start painting the next unit of cavalry. But far from it! Here's one of the packs I've got:


As you can see, the knights are lacking their shields. Nothing to despair, one might say. The more as the Perrys have shown great service and assiduity so far. But after all the faults and misfortunes lately, I'm completely demotivated now.
At least I could bring myself to finally get some alterations on the blog done. It's still under construction as I'm experimenting with some new features. Please feel free to let me know what you think or would like to see added here.

However, I cry me a river first. ;-(

10 comments:

WQRobb said...

I always thought hobby should be "anti-work"--effort that is expended undoing the damage of work, et al.

Sorry to hear things have been going so badly, and I hope they improve soon. The dismounted knights look great. The blog looks good, too. It's a nice change from the generic templates so often seen on blogspot.

jmilesr said...

I use the hobby as a stress reliever and sometimes have to put it aside for a few days every now and then. I always seem to come back as each time I finish a project or even a figure there is a sense of accomplishment and my limited skill set gets a tab better.

From what I've seen of your work, your are extremely skilled and I hope the "force" comes back to you quickly!

Best of luck
Miles

Doc Phobos said...

You hang in there! Your miniatures are always a sigh to behold, so just take a few deep breaths and think of the joy you will give us when you are done with them. We are selfish that way. :)

Moments like that always come along. If frustration levels get too high... just put it to the side for a while. But it always gets better.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Don't worry,the grove will return....always does.:-)

I like the new look of your blog quite a bit and I think it looks better then before.

Cheers
Christopher

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

How did you get the map background, "You might also like" and the color?
As I'm quite taken with it.

Cheers
Christopher

Sire Godefroy said...

Thanks, chaps, for your encouragement. Highly appreciated! :-)

Christopher, the background comes with some new templates created by "Blogger in Draft". You can use them if you activate it as a feature at your Dashboard for it's still experimental. If unsure, do a quick Google search for Blogger in Draft.
The gadget at the bottom of each post is provided by "LinkWithin". You'll find them quite easily via Google as well.
Please contact me at Sweetwater if you need further help.

Cheers
SG

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Super!Thank you very much!:-)

Cheers
Christopher

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Thank you!I have it now installed and I really like it!It gives a great atmospheric feel.:-)The widgets are really cool too!:-)

Cheers
Christopher

Tankred said...

Having a bad time is absolutely no excuse to stop your Impetus Project. I insist that you now stand up, clear your face and go again on that painting front, Soldier!!!

Galpy said...

look man your armies are amazing so don't give up now i've only just started my Impetvs armies so yours give me motivation
Cheers
kent

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails