Saturday, July 31, 2010

250th Anniversary: Battle of Warburg

Another break in usual service, but I thought it nice to share my excitement here, too: Today I visited Germany's largest 18th century reenactment, held near the small town of Warburg, where on the same day, 250 years ago, a battle was fought between an Allied and a French army.
The whole event was a blast for me: Not only because I'm a sucker for the 18th century (you might remember), but also for it reignited the passion for my AWI miniatures. In anticipation I had just the other day dragged out the Light Dragoons I'd started months ago - and now they are ready for basing. So, expect them anytime soon.

I've prepared a small report (with a few of countless pictures I've taken) on the Lead Adventure Forum. Here are only some preview shots, that, if any, might be of interest for you wargamers: Two excellent displays by RĂ¼diger Fischer representing said battle as well as the Battle of Leuthen in 1757:



Next time, back to normal service, I promise. ;-)

5 comments:

Muskie said...

That battle looks frickin' epic!

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

It looks impressive in size,although I cannot see much of it.
I'm looking forward to seeing your latest AWI work.:-)

Cheers
Christopher

Der Alte Fritz said...

I like the Leuthen terrain. Are these 20mm figures or some other size?

Sire Godefroy said...

@Christopher: The Warburg display wasn't finished yet (e.g. you might recognise the gap at the table edge in the first photo), so I took mainly some overview shots. If you experienced difficulties to see the actual pictures, please let me know!
You can also take a look at the exhibitor's site: http://rf-figuren.de/

@Der Alte Fritz: Nice to have you here! Yes, the figures are of 1/72 scale. The exhibitor provides a list of sources on his page (see link above, and there under "Figurenliste").

Cheers
SG

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Thanks SG,just looked at the link at very cool indeed!

Cheers
Christopher

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails