Sunday, February 06, 2011

Draft Horses

Just to give a sign of life - if you haven't watched my updates via Twitter - a rather short post. You might have guessed it, I was quite busy at preparing stuff for our participation game. Honestly, almost nothing else could creep up to my painting desk for it was completely occupied by mythological men and creatures.

That's finally over now! Just the other day I finished the very last miniatures for this project. But I'm not yet relieved, because (even if I'm going to burst meanwhile) I cannot show you the results. It's a matter of politeness to all those visitors and my co-producers: I don't want to spoil the experience.

However, I've been playing around with Adobe Suite (God bless my employer!) and tried my hand at creating all kinds of flyers and posters for our game at Tactica. I've produced nothing too ingenious, that's for sure. But here's a first draft for a 'traffic stopper', giving some background for those interested.

Click for an enlarged version


I haven't yet worked out a full translation; not even sure if we'll provide one. Anyway, it simply lists a few facts about the myth and its (possible) historical background as well as some notes on the Harryhausen-movie and our interpretation.

As I said, it's a first draft, and I wanted to show it here just for the fun of it. Maybe some of you, dear visitors, are able to read it or feeling even inspired to visit us in Hamburg. If for nothing else, now you should easily recognise us there... ;-)

4 comments:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

I think it's very nice and should spark some interest.
I understand the work involved in presenting a Tactia project and well understand the pre-occupation.Good luck!

Cheers
Christopher

Doc Phobos said...

Great stuff!! This is the game I most looking forward to! The flyer/poster managed to make my anticipation even stronger! :)

OUZO!!!

Giles said...

Looks good, Sire G. But when will we see more pics of your painting?!

Best wishes

Giles

Sire Godefroy said...

Many thanks, chaps!
Giles, like I said, until now I've been painting almost exclusively stuff for our participation game. These days I'm also quite busy at work, so anything posted before end of February would be a surprise - for all of us. ;)
Cheers
SG

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails